Scholarships and Awards
43 x 79 Group UB Student Assistance Fund
The 43 x 79 Group UB Student Assistance Fund was created by the 43 x 79 Foundation to provide critical financial assistance for students who, but for a relatively small yet unattainable financial need, almost make it to graduation only to have to withdraw before they complete their studies. For these students, a grant will make the difference between their ability to complete their education at UB or be forced to withdraw from their studies.
- Funds are available to students within any school at the University at Buffalo.
- Grants will be awarded to those seeking assistance with tuition expenses.
- Preference based on class rank is given to those students who have no more than three semesters remaining until they are able to graduate.
- Preference is given to those students who are from Western New York, and are committed to remaining in Western New York upon graduation in order to help the area thrive and grow.
- Application for assistance is confidential and submitted to the CAS Undergraduate Education Awards Committee. University faculty and staff are encouraged to recommend students whom they believe would qualify.
- Funds are awarded each semester or academic year, as needed. Applicants should anticipate at least one month before a decision is provided to them by the committee. The committee works in close collaboration with the Director of Financial Aid to confirm need and coordinate the overall financial aid for the recipient. Preference is given to applicants who have completed the greatest number of academic credit hours and who demonstrate the highest academic achievement.
- The recipients are required to meet with their academic counselors to ensure that their academic requirements are met. They must account for the disposition of the funds and provide a timely report on how the funds assisted them in insuring the continuation of their studies at UB and assisting them toward graduation. In addition, the recipients are required to meet with the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education to keep him/her apprised of their progress throughout their funding period.
- In all disbursements made to individuals, UB’s equal opportunity guidelines must be observed. No person, in whatever relationship with the State University of New York at Buffalo, shall be subject to discrimination on the basis of age, creed, color, handicap, national origin, race, religion, sex, marital or veteran status.
Students who apply for funding must provide:
- A narrative of your time at UB, your current financial situation, and your future plans. Please include your name, UB person number, e-mail address, mailing address, and state whether or not you are a US Citizen.
- A specific budget explaining how much money you are asking for, and how it will be spent.
- An explanation of why these funds are needed to allow you to graduate.
- A copy of your latest Academic Advising Report.
- One letter of recommendation from an advisor or faculty member.
Submission Deadline: Funds are awarded each semester or academic year, as needed; applications may be submitted at any time.
Please submit completed application, including recommendation letters, in digital format to:
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
Chair, CAS Undergraduate Awards Committee
College of Arts and Sciences, University at Buffalo