Scholarships and Awards
Beulah Alexander Memorial Scholarship
This fund was created by the generosity of an alumna of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Students from Western New York.
- Students from populations that have been historically underrepresented at the University at Buffalo who are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants should apply upon acceptance, or within the first semester of their freshman year and have proven financial need.
- The student will receive $1,500 for the academic year, and the award may be repeated in successive years to students based on the recommendation of the review committee for a maximum of four years per student.
- The award will be based on a two-page essay which should speak to the student’s personal drive to succeed academically at UB, and true desire to help other people. Special consideration will be given to students who declare an interest in helping other students while attending the University at Buffalo.
- In your essay indicate how you meet the eligibility requirements.
- In making this award possible, the donor hopes that each recipient will make a personal pledge to try to help others who desire a college or university degree at such time that they are financially able to do so, and in this way, pass on the gift of an education.
Submission Deadline: September 15 of each year
Please submit completed application as a Word document or in PDF form to: email@example.com
For questions, please contact:
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
Chair, CAS Undergraduate Awards Committee
College of Arts and Sciences
University at Buffalo