Scholarships and Awards
Greater Washington DC Area Alumni Scholarship
This fund was created by the generosity of an alumnus of the College of Arts and Sciences. In making this award possible, the donor hopes to raise awareness about the University at Buffalo’s top-quality yet affordable education among high schools and individuals from the Greater Washington DC area, encouraging deserving students to apply for admission. One or more non-renewable scholarships will be offered for each fall incoming class based on available funds.
- Undergraduate students from the Greater Washington DC Area*
- Students accepted to the University at Buffalo with an intended major in the College of Arts and Science
- Students with academic promise
- Students who have completed the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need
*District of Columbia) Washington D.C.; (Virginia) Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, Manassas Park, Arlington County, Clarke Country, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Frederick County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County, Warren County; (Maryland) Calvert County, Charles County, Frederick County, Montgomery County, Prince George’s County; (West Virginia) Jefferson County
- An application is NOT required
- The College of Arts and Sciences will select recipients from among accepted students
Submission Deadline: Refer to Admissions application deadline.
For questions, please contact:
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
Chair, CAS Undergraduate Awards Committee
College of Arts and Sciences
University at Buffalo