skip navigation

Accepted Student Checklist

These are general guidelines for accepted students to consider. Your department or program will provide you with specific information about orientation, course advisement, and other related news about your arrival and coursework. Additionally, steps will vary for International Students accepted to a program within the College of Arts & Sciences. International students should refer to information sent by UB’s International Admissions office and the required International Orientation held by the International Student & Scholar Services office.

Receive Official Acceptance Letter

Receive your official acceptance letter from your department. It will include specific information about your adviser, program, and any potential award and scholarship information relevant to you.

Confirm Your Acceptance

Log in to the GrAdMIT system, with the username and password that were given to you at the time of application, to confirm your acceptance with UB. If you have forgotten your GrAdMIT User Name or PIN, this information can be emailed to you by going to this site. Once you log in, you will be asked to set up a new secure password.

Activate Your UBIT Name, Person Number and One-Time Password

  • Under the “status” tab in GrAdMIT, retrieve your UBITName and Person Number. This will be available upon the activation of the term-cycle in which you are accepted.
  • You will also receive an email with your One-Time Password (If you have previously been a UB student, you will not receive a One-Time Password; you use your previous UBIT login information).
  • Once you have these three pieces, please go to to activate your account and create your new password.
  • If you have any trouble accessing your UBIT account and/or email, please contact the UBIT Help Desk at 716-645-3542, and identify yourself as a new student.

Complete Immunization and Meningitis Information Requirements for New Students

In accordance with New York State Public Health Law, UB requires that all students born on or after January 1, 1957 must provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. The state also requires that all students receive information about meningococcal disease and have made an informed decision about whether or not to receive immunization against meningococcal disease. New UB students matriculating into a program will not be allowed to enroll in classes until they have fulfilled these requirements. Please go UB’s Health Services and Immunization web page as soon as possible to view forms and submit to UB Health Services as needed,

Setup your UB Email Account

To learn more about your UB email account, please go to

Please note that UB administrative offices, faculty and the academic department utilize student’s UB email for all communication. It is especially important to note that your ebill for tuition and fees will be emailed to you, as paper bills are no longer mailed/available. If you do not wish to use your UB account, please read the directions on having your email forwarded to another account.

If you have any trouble accessing your UBIT account and/or email, please contact the UBIT Help Desk at 716-645-3542, and identify yourself as a new student.

Contact your Financial Aid Adviser

Depending on any Graduate Assistantship, Teaching Assistantship, Fellowship, or Scholarship offers you have received, your aid package and questions will vary by student. Please visit the Graduate School’s Financial Aid page to get information about billing, graduate school costs, and types of aid available. Students are assigned a financial aid adviser based on last name.

Select & Register for your classes

Make a list of the courses you plan to take, along with the course registration numbers. The registration number are online at
Discuss your options with your assigned faculty advisor, whom is noted in your acceptance letter.

Students register for classes on HUB, which is available via MyUB. Information about HUB, including how-to videos, is available at

Parking on Campus and Transportation

All students wishing to park on university campuses are required to register their motor vehicles annually with Parking and Transportation Services. Registration is fast and easy online at Student parking is by permit only, which can also be obtained on MyUB. We strongly encourage you to obtain a parking permit before you arrive on campus for classes. Information on all parking and transportation matters, including bus and shuttle schedules, maps and directions can be found at

Get Your UBCard

Once you have registered for classes you can get your UBCard. You will need your UBCard to access certain university services, such as the library. To receive a UBCard, you must be currently registered for classes. You also need a picture ID such as a driver’s license or a passport. The UBCard Office is located in 228 Student Union on North Campus. Please visit the UBCard website to access their hours of operation: Please note that having your card before you begin classes is not required, but highly recommended.

Order & Send Your Official Transcripts

Contact the Registrar or Student Records office at your school, and have your official transcript (with proof of degree conferral) sent directly to your department for processing. When requesting transcripts from your undergraduate institution, ensure they are sending the transcript after your degree has been conferred. Additionally, double check to ensure that the address address the transcript is being sent to is the correct department. Many schools will “default” to a specific address at the University, which is typically undergraduate admissions in Capen Hall. You will want to ensure your transcript is sent directly to your new department at UB.