Scholarships and Awards
Roberta A. and George E. Stevens Fund for International Experience
Roberta and George Stevens and the Office of the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences have established this scholarship fund to encourage undergraduate students to pursue international experiential learning opportunities, especially related to study abroad. International travel can be a lifelong learning experience. In the global economy of the 21st century, understanding the political, social and cultural dynamics of other countries is not merely desirable, but essential to the long-term success of any nation. The goal of this fund is to allow students to broaden their educational experiences and enrich their career opportunities through study outside of the United States. The scholarship is in the amount of $500 for one semester of a study abroad program or an experiential learning opportunity. Priority funding will be reserved for students who plan to study abroad. The scholarship is awarded twice a year (see deadlines below), and is administered by the CAS Dean’s Office.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled, full-time, matriculated University at Buffalo undergraduate students, in good academic standing.
- Applicants must have already applied for an accredited study abroad program or experiential learning opportunity, and preferably have been accepted into the program.
- Study Abroad applicants must participate in the study abroad program for full-time credit.
The application package must include the following:
- Application Form (see below)
- A two-page typed essay indicating the Study Abroad program or Experiential Learning Opportunity that you will be participating in, your goals for this international experience, and how it fits into your overall UB program and your future goals.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
- A current Academic Advisement Report
March 15 for the following Summer Session or Fall semester
September 15 for the following Winter Session or Spring semester
Please submit completed application, including recommendation letter, as a Word document or in PDF form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please contact:
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
Chair, CAS Undergraduate Awards Committee
College of Arts and Sciences
University at Buffalo
For a complete list of UB Study Abroad programs: http://www.buffalo.edu/studyabroad.html