Scholarships and Awards
Roger Roll Award
Through the generosity of Roger Roll and Mary Garlick Roll, the College of Arts and Sciences has established the Roger Roll Award for students who are enrolled in CAS and are athletes in track and field at UB. The donors believe that athletics plays an important role in the college experience, and are ardent supporters of a liberal arts education with its emphasis on critical thinking, creativity, and communication. These skills impact student growth and provide a foundation for lifelong learning and successful careers.
An award amount of $1000 is available for a single student for each deadline.
– Applicants must be enrolled in a course of study (major or minor) within the CAS. Preference will be given to CAS majors.
– Applicants must be athletes in track and field at UB.
– Applicants must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
– Applicants should demonstrate commitment to volunteer and community service, especially in respect to leadership roles.
The application must include the following:
– Name, UB person number, email address, mailing address and citizenship
– Narrative of the applicant’s time at UB, volunteer/community service, and future plans (250 words)
– Copy of the applicant’s up-to-date, fully expanded Academic Advising Report
– Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
Submission Deadline: September 15, 2016
Please submit your application materials as a Word document or in PDF form to:
For questions, please contact:
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
Chair, CAS Undergraduate Awards Committee
College of Arts and Sciences
University at Buffalo