Scholarships and Awards
William C. & Annette L. Rock Fund for College of Arts and Sciences Study Abroad Scholarship
William & Annette Rock and the Office of the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences have established this scholarship fund to encourage undergraduate students who are majors in the College to pursue an opportunity to study abroad. The scholarship is in the amount of $500 for one semester of study abroad. The scholarship is awarded twice a year (see deadlines below); two scholarships are awarded for each deadline. These scholarships are administered by the CAS Dean’s Office.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled, full-time, matriculated University at Buffalo undergraduate students, in good standing, pursuing a major within the College of Arts and Sciences. [NOTE: for students majoring in Romance Languages and Literatures, there is a separate fund, the Linda Rock/Maria Becker Memorial Scholarships; For more information, please visit the “RLL website Study Abroad Scholarship page“.. RLL majors will not be considered for the William & Annette Rock or CAS scholarships; RLL minors may apply.]
- Applicants must have already applied for an accredited study abroad program, and preferably have been accepted into the program.
- Applicants must participate in the study abroad program for full-time credit.
- Preference is given to students who have documented financial need.
The Application Consists of:
- Application Form (see below)
- A two-page typed essay indicating the Study Abroad program you will be participating in,
your goals for this Study Abroad experience, how it fits into your overall UB program, your
future goals, and your financial situation.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
- A current Academic Advisement Report
March 15 for the following Summer Session or Fall semester
September 15 for the following Winter Session or Spring semester
Please submit completed application, including recommendation letter, as a Word document or in PDF form to: email@example.com
For questions, please contact:
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
Chair, CAS Undergraduate Awards Committee
College of Arts and Sciences
University at Buffalo
For a complete list of UB Study Abroad programs: http://www.buffalo.edu/studyabroad.html